Monday, May 17, 2010

My opinion.

Katherine of Aragon was too good of a person to ever say things like what I am about to say
 
Ohh, Anne Boleyn. What an effing bitch.
 
Okay. There are good things about her:
   1. She kept too many Protestants from being persecuted.
   2. She gave birth to Elizabeth.
   3. She was very generous to certain causes.
 
Other than that, she was just plain vindictive.
   1. She threatened to have Katherine and Mary poisoned.
   2. She urged Henry to have them put to death.
   3. For a past occurrence in which Wolsey pissed Anne off (which ultimately led to her being Queen), she pretended to be his friend, then turned on him, leading to his arrest and death sentence.
   4. Immediately after Henry shoved Katherine away to a Northern residence and before Anne was technically queen, Anne persuaded Henry to let her travel on the Queen's barge. She then proceeded to attack Katherine's seal, destroying them almost ritualistically, and pretty much just doing her best to degrade the old queen in this way. 
 
I realize this only suggests she was mean to anyone whom she felt kept her from getting her way, but I think even were I not sympathetic to Katherine I would not have liked her. Not even the four-year-olds in my preschool class act like that. Someone needed to give her a good, hard bitch slap. I think cutting off her head went a little too far (especially since she did nothing treasonous, not counting the above arguments), but she definitely needed to be at least tazed. 
 
My opinion.
 
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment